Sunday, February 3, 2008

Grandma's Farm Quilt

I am sewing a baby quilt for my Grandma Allen. About 8 or 10 years ago she came to visit and we went to an auction. Well I talked her into buying these blocks. (ok I didn't have to talk to hard) She gave them back to me finished and then it was up to me to finish the quilt. Well they lived in a plastic bag until the basement flood last year. I found them and decided to set them together. It took me a year to find fabric I loved because I kept looking for farm fabric. I took them to my mom's b-day party at the quilt shop and we all decided on Aunt Gracie's repo. I love the red and blue and this way the quilt can be for either a boy or a girl. I have the top set together except for borders. I need to walk out to the studio and find white fabric to extend the Ohio Star pattern into the borders. When I finish this quilt I am going to return it to my Grandma and she can give it to the next baby in the family.

No comments: