Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cells

I have a very resorcefull child, these are her cell projects for 6th grade science. The green one is plant and the brown is animal. She came up with this on her own, after helping with three other of these projects I told the last kid to do it herself. (really she didn't ask for help, all I said was "put foil in my pie plates") her grade on the project was great and I'm really proud of her for getting it done 3 days before it was due.......just wish she would of remembered to take it to school and not have to call dad and have him bring it that morning!

I have the day off so I'm going to town to the post office (I have a heck of a time getting there) and I'm going to drop off library books. I read Meg Burden's Northlander last week. Megan lives around here and she is a sweet gal, I was impressed with the book. It's a teen fiction, I'm going to buy it and send it to Kristin, I enjoyed it and it was soooooooooooooo much better than that teen romance Twilight etc. that thing was so mushy and if I had to read 'oh he's soooo beautiful 'one more time I think I would of thrown up! Megan's book has a strong lead character and I am impressed there is no cussing, and not any romance to speak of, I am also impressed with her flow of words, not sure how to phrase it but her sentences were very descriptive. I'm looking forward to the next book!

No comments: