Sunday, October 2, 2011

Old/new quilt

 I bought this quilt at a garage sale awhile back. I almost hate to say how much I paid for it in fear of quilters who will stop giving gifts to babies because the quilt just gets sold at a sale. Well $.50  later and it was mine......sorry Grandma's, not all of babies things are kept. Well anyway I love it and I'm in the process of taking the ties out, cutting off the binding and putting new borders on it.
 As you can see the work is really nice on the blocks and I like the yellow sashing so it's staying.
Here's a few of my border options, not to happy with any of them............I did pick another fabric but didn't cut it yet so not sure of what I'll decide. Seems like when I start and stop a project I always change it when I go back and look at it again. I will also recycle the back and batting into another baby quilt so the only thing wasted is the binding, oh wait it goes into the fire starter box for this winter. I think it was worth $.50 and some time. (oh and border, back and batting for the new quilt)

No comments: