Sunday, May 31, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
I have no list for this week, I'm leaving for a little vacation on Thursday and I know I won't get nothing done tomorrow but quilt so I'm not even going to stress myself out with a list. (like a little list would be stressful to me...I just blow it off) I am going to take some crochet with me and maybe my cross stitch blocks to work on in the car and that should keep me busy for the weekend. I also get to stop and pick up my sewing machine, yeah!!!
Thursday, May 21, 2009
The one on the left is mine, I figured out how to single crochet in the round so there are no side seams. I lined it with a sweet pink print and added handles instead of a strap. I am planning to make more of these little purses because they are just cute and I have different ideas of how to line and finish them. I like to make a few of everything to see what is the best way to finish things or if I can improve them in any way. I also think I will make a few for Christmas gifts.
I got the netting delivered, ok the girls took it to my SIL, but it's delivered. I also got my string quilt off the frame and delivered to the binding fairy. Spent to much time watching the new baby goat and checking on baby rabbits. Sooooo my list was not followed very well this week. I'm going to start some laundry and head out to the studio so maybe I will return with pics.....
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- Finish my string quilt that is in the quilting frame.
- Take netting up to my SIL that I got for making scrubbies.
- Make my crochet purse.
- Catch up on 9 patch sew along blocks.
- Get the girls started on making pajama's.
- Start customer quilts.
Ok I don't think I want to list the housework or the gardening..............
Friday, May 15, 2009
The last pic is a pre-print panel that I quilted in one long run, there are 4 of them finished now. No hard quilting, just a stipple to make it easy. There is also 3 different battings in them as I was using up scraps. I like to have gift/charity on hand when they are needed and these pre-prints were so cute and reminded me of 80's baby prints. Guess it was time for a little retro quilting!
- Dinner 3 out of 4 nights
- plants and flower bed done
- quilts for me and charity quilted
- fell down on laundry yesterday...........ugh!
I did get rabbits moved around and some cleaned cages. Kev got the garden tilled, needs another tilling in a few days. 3 trips to town last night to pick up kids.........now I'm heading off to work for the next two days, no more lists or housework for me!!!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Ok the schedule thing is kind of working so I'm gonna run with it..........
- 6 loads of laundry done yesterday
- Dinner fixed, lasagna
- visited in-laws
- nap taken (oops!)
My week is getting away from me so I need to step it up a bit......I do have some pic's to share though.
- Quilt something, anything, customer quilts, charity, my own, the kids quilts, just quilt it!
- At least 3 loads of laundry.
- Plan and make dinner.
- take Josh to get drivers licence!!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Well I made good progress on my list from yesterday, at least I think I did.
- 5 loads of laundry, we now have jeans and towels for the next few days.
- Dinner last night was beef roast with mashed potato's and gravy, and corn.
- Got one quilt for someone else quilted.
- AND the big thing was Quilt Group and 35 string blocks made for a charity quilt (or whatever the hostess wants to do with it) I did have just a little help with the blocks, we had 5 machines set up with 3 FAST sewers. I also finished up a set of 15 string blocks with green centers.
Today is more of the same around here......
- Planting!!! (cause I didn't do it yesterday)
I do want to take a few pic's also of the quilts the binding fairy brought me yesterday, and take a few more of what I get done today. I need to quilt something for her to bind, she is all out of bindings...........
Monday, May 11, 2009
Just thought I would write down my plans for the week.
- Laundry (I am swamped with laundry, it's everywhere and starting to take over the house!)
- Dinner at home every night. (that means planning ahead cause by dinner time I'm beat)
- Finish my room. (I have nothing hanging on the walls yet and new curtains to hang for summer and a quilt to finish too.)
- A quilt or two for other people...........
- Plant the flowers dug up from Anna's yard.
- Get my summer clothes out of storage and fix a few things.
Ok that sounds like a reasonable list considering I have the next four days off, I know I probably won't get half of the stuff done cause I get sidetracked to easy but maybe writing it down will help with motivation. Whew......off to clean something!!!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
I got Adam's graduation T-shirt quilt off the quilt frame and now on to binding......ugh!
I took my two sewing machines to be fixed last week, the fancy smancy Bernina is ready to go but the old trusty Riccar has bit the dust, (yes it's sad and I'm bringing it home for burial) so I'm in the market for another usable machine. I think it's time to hit a few garage sales!!!