Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bag week

I'm calling last week Bag Week! Top pic is another color book bag, I made two, one for a Christmas gift and one for my mom to send to her cousin's granddaughter Lilly in AZ. I really like making these and it's a good thing because I have at least 4 more to go before Christmas.
The Schlep Bag is for Sara's B-day in June. She has a sock monkey thing going so when I found the fabric at Pieceful Pastimes in Norfolk I had to buy her some. I have another piece but no idea what I'm going to make her out of it yet.

This bag is out of Quilts and More Spring issue. I changed it just a bit by using only one fabric in the middle, theirs showed two and a big pin cushion on the side of the bag. I LOVE the pink cats!!! I might make myself something to match this bag out of the leftover fabric but no idea's yet.


This bag used up the leftover black/white strip set I had left from my pink cat bag. Same size as the other bag too. I like to have a different bag for each crochet project so now I have a good variety.



I made this little purse out of the Quilts and More Spring Issue. I used the Nebraska Shop Hop fabric. Didn't think we'd sell out of the stuff so quick or I would of used something else, I was trying to promote the magazine and fabric. Gave my mom the other purse I made out of this line of fabric, she has a butterfly pin out of Grandma's stuff that matched perfect to pin to the tab. I will put a button on my purse after I get around to sewing on some Velcro to keep it closed.
I'm now in the process of quilting graduation quilts................




No comments: