I just finished this quilt top for my MIL's birthday the 10th. I made the blocks on the embroidery machine and took them to my Mom's house to make the top. Somewhere between home and there I lost one block, didn't realize it until I had it almost all put together, so I put it away while searching for the block. Never did find it so last week I made another block, it's the one with her name on it in the bottom right corner. Then I forgot I was going to make it 3x4 not 4x3 as in the picture, so I added top and bottom 4 patches to add a bit of length.
I had a 2x4 inch piece of white/blue fabric left when I was done with my design change.
I'm hoping to get the quilting done sometime this week or she will be getting a quilt top for her B-day. It's 48x67, a great size to cover up with in the Lazy Boy. I know cause I sat down and tested it out after I got the top assembled. Sometimes that's the only way to know if somethings good while sewing, test it out and see for yourself.
My granny square baby afgan has been an ongoing project. I only worked on it during TV time. I like to make the blocks but the assembly is a real struggle for me. I have a quilt planned to match it eventually........
I made two masks the other night, finished up backing and elastic bands today at my Mom's. I think I'm sending them to my daughter, maybe she needs to wear them at college?
Last weekend I whipped up this Fall wallhang. Thanks to my Mom and her binding I hung it in my hallway tonight. I was kind of going for a banner but it's just not skinny enough to be called that. I liked that it was an afternoon project and I could quilt it on the regular sewing machine.
I have Fridays off with my new job most of the time now so today I played a little. I have a bunch of jewelry I've been meaning to make for a long time so today I spent a couple hours and this is what I came up with. The top one is a bracelet for Halloween and the red heart and key are for Sara. She picked it out a long time ago on one of our shopping trips, I finally got around to making it for her.
One the left is jalapenos, on the right is hot peppers. I ran the hot peppers thru the food processor so I didn't have to touch them much, there is nothing worse than pepper/skin contact! Got 6 jars of each done.