Friday, December 26, 2014

quilts

 This is my disappearing hourglass quilt. I made 7 blocks at quilt group a few months ago and decided to make a small quilt. I thought about two table runners, but a small quilt is more useful I guess. The cream background was left over backing from another quilt.
 This embroidery quilt top  was given to me quite a few years ago. I bordered it and finally got it quilted. I am going to color in the scene with crayons to give it a little dimension. I am going to keep this one for a future grandbaby.............so that means I will have it forever because none of my kids are interested in babies. I figure if  I make baby presents now while I'm still in good shape my grandkids and great grandkids will have handmade presents even if I'm not around.
I am ready to start getting some of my old projects finished up and this is just a start. Mom and I got 10 quilts done for Christmas so now we are going to play January finish up. I know lots of people think of the new year as a time to start new but we think it's time to finish up old.

No comments: