Friday, April 18, 2008

Bee's

I have 7 of these boxes on my table tonight. 25 thousand to a box is what Kevin tells me........wow! Needless to say I'm sleeping with my bedroom door shut! They really are well behaved bee's though, there are a few loose but they stay on the outside of the box and don't fly much. The bee's on the inside feed the outside one's so they stay close to their friends. Tomorrow Kevin is setting up 8 new hive's in the backyard.(he forgot one box at his friends so he has to go pick it up in the morning, guess he couldn't count to 8) I am looking forward to the fresh honey at the end of summer and having extra to sell this year.

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That a lot of bees!! When I was a kid my grandma & I slept in the unfinished upstairs of the house. On the corner of the house, on the outside, was one of those decorative little box type things that bees had set up housekeeping in. In the summer when the sun was already up by the time we woke up, I could hear bees buzzing in there just on the other side of the unfinished wall about 3 ft. from my head. Every once in a while they would swarm and there would be bees all over the upstairs where we slept, so I guess there was a hole somewhere that they could come through. Needless to say there would be a few nights we had to sleep somewhere else. Ah, memories........