Friday, April 18, 2008

pink and black row robin

This quilt is called Angels over Africa, the first row has angel fabric in it and the gal wanted an African theme. My row is the tigers on the bottom. I had a hard time giving up my tiger fabric but I am happy with the results of the row I added. I finished both of these rows and gave them to mom so she can add her rows and pop them in the mail next week. I have one more round to do and that will be mom's row, it is Aunt Gracie fabrics.
The bottom row is my addition. I belong to Stashbuilders Group on Yahoo and we are doing a row robin. I had a hard time finding enough pinks to do this row, I used so many making pink heartstring blocks that my stash is zilch! I am really happy with the way I used dark black to make the top row stand out, mom is next in line and she is gonna use the grey/black for background in her blocks. I hope the owner of the quilt likes it when it reaches home.

No comments: