Friday, July 24, 2009

More purses

Hey I know all I make is purses lately.........I'm on a roll, or in a rut, not sure which. I made this top purse for a sample at work, it's a Whistlepig Creek pattern #1126 Made with Kansas Troubles by Moda. It's made with a charm pack and a FQ-how simple! The pattern also shows a tote bag and a cell phone bag. I love the curved pocket on the front and I got to use some of my old buttons on the handles. If you can't live without one of these for yourself go to quiltcandy.com and order the fabric, I'm sure the boss would love to send it out!
I had a few squares left over from the top purse so I made a quick bag for a gift-just added lining, handles and tap fabrics. I like this bag a lot and will probably make more like it. I do wish the handles were a bit thinner and a tad bit shorter.........hmmmmm.. ...maybe next purse...
This one will be a gift for my mother-in-law, her B-day is in October. (if I don't forget or misplace it by then)
Tomorrow I have 2 or 3 more purses planned to make for samples at work, I love this part of the job! I also got the instructions done for a baby quilt sample with a little computer help from Sara, it's bad when the 12 yr. old knows more about this computer than I do!

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Cute purses.
Keep in mind that these 12 yr. olds have never known a world without computers. What we have to stop and think about, they just do.