Friday, June 18, 2010

Sara's bed

I put Sara to work painting her new bed frame. I bought it almost 20 years ago on an auction in Orchard, some old guy I can't remember his name....bought the mattress and frame for $5. I needed a bed for Kristin's room at the time, I got tired of sleeping in the chair with her when she was a baby. Along the way the Kristin upgraded to her own twin bed and the mattress was disposed of and the frame went to the well house. Sara got tired of having a bunk bed in her room now that she don't have to share with anyone so we hauled it out and she slept on the floor for awhile. I got tired of seeing her room look like a tornado hit it with everything all over........(for some reason she wouldn't use her nightstand and piled everything on the floor beside her mattress) so out came the $5 bed frame and a can of spray paint.

Kristin helped her cut boards to fit the bottom of the bed, not sure we needed them but better to be safe than sorry. I teased Kristin that I sent her to college to learn to use power tools..........gotta love stage crew!


We put the twin size mattress under her bed, that way when she has friends or Andrew stays over there is a place to sleep, easy enough to pull out and she stuffed the extra pillows under there too. They gave me stress over my 20 year old sheets......said they were stretched out. Hmmmm so I got it at a garage sale, sounds like my girls are getting picky!



I think they have plans to watch movie's in here now.....




Sara wants me to mention a thanks to her Grandma Flicsha on here, she loves her new purple fuzzy blanket, in fact the girls have been fighting over it for the last two days while remaking this room. I also want to mention the quilts, both made by Grandma, they look fantastic in here and Sara is so proud of them. I am really happy that the girls have made such an effort to clean out and simplify their rooms, makes living in them so pleasant.





1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Pretty room.
I actually used 2 x 4s for mattress supports on my antique bed frame. Most solid bed I've ever slept in. :-)

Power tools can be a girl's best friend.