Monday, September 6, 2010

long time no blogging....

I finally finished this quilt............my Grandma Allen did these blocks for me a long time ago. We went to an auction in Verdigree 13 years ago and she bought the blocks, embroidered them and gave them to me. I picked fabric out 2.5 years ago and pieced the center, got sidetracked and never finished the border. I got back to it about 6 months later and quilted it just this year. I finally got the binding on this week........wow........it took me awhile to finish because it was hard to work on it after she died. I am saving this little quilt for my first grandchild. (hopefully it will be a long time before I give it)

My Mom made this little baby quilt when she lived in Florida last year, its strips from a grab bag she ordered online. I love the stripe binding. I also put flannel on the back to make it nice and snuggly. Mom didn't like it much after she got it done but I think it's cute and some baby will love it!
I have had a busy few weeks, took a new job at Super 8 front desk. It's full time and right now mostly evenings 3-11. I really wanted days........I kind of like the job, just not the hours or the pay! I am holding out on judging until I see what kind of insurance is offered and a regular schedule. My children are starting to complain that I'm never home to talk to and Kev hates it when I work evening hours.
Today I made peach preserves and sometime this week I will do jelly, wow it's good! I love this time of year just for the canning and freezing......

No comments: