Sunday, February 20, 2011

quilts

This is a little quilt I finished yesterday, binding and all! Thanks to a generous donation of fabric to the Orchard Quilters I was able to send the blocks and fabric to my Mom and she set together the quilt and mailed it back ready to quilt. I love pink girly quilts! This little quilt will have a home with a preemie baby as soon as they release her from the hospital. (born in late Dec. due in April)
The Orchard Quilters made more heart blocks, I'm thinking about setting them together with this print...........just not sure yet.

This is the second of these that I have done, sold the first sample at Christmas so I whipped up another one. There are three more kits at Quilter's Candy Shoppe.


Roseanne put me to work on a 'hurry up I need this baby quilt' and truthfully I was glad for the push! I think I'm over my quilting slump (thanks winter) and ready to kick it in gear this week. I just sent the rest of these kits to the Log Cabin quilt shop in Omaha. All we had left was the blue sample and pink kits.



Oh and a very special thank you to a knitter in Sioux City Iowa, I love my new socks! I picked them up at the Goodwill after a visit with Kristin. They are perfect to sleep in with my new jammies bought on clearance. Now I understand the craze of knitting socks!




No comments: