Wednesday, August 3, 2011

learning to make hats





My lovely model is wearing the latest in winter assesories, don't she look thrilled.....ok I had to bribe and threaten just a bit to get her to put the ruffly hat on but after I threatened to nix Netflix she was a wonderful hat model. I am learning to crochet hats from Youtube. It's great fun to sit in front of the computer and crochet along with Thresa. The brown one is supposed to be a large men's beanie. I think a bigger hook is in order for the next one. The second one with the white edge is a mistake........don't try to remember the insturctions while watching TV. I put to many ruffles on the third hat.........oh well.........and the last one I did just perfect so it got a flower. I will send these off to Bridge and Beyond in Ohio. I don't mind practice hats if someone can get some use out of them. My model did put in an order for a dark purple beanie......

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You do know how to torture your kids. LOL She doesn't look quite as unhappy to model the last one. I think it's kind of cute.