Friday, June 6, 2008

Love my local quilt shop!

I spent an hour today at my local quilt shop, The Quilter's Candy Shoppe. I love that place! Even with the shop girls at shows this weekend there is still so much going on in there. I bought green and purple to match my blocks I won on Stashbuilder's yahoo group, the Block Lottery. I need one more block to make 12 (mom if you read this will you make me one more?) I also bought peach and yellows to make a baby quilt, I have had my eye on this peachy/pink plaid in the sale room for 6 months, today was the day to give in and buy it. I found a floral and a stripe, the green was already in my stash from a project done and long gone. My new Quilts and More magazine had a simple baby quilt pattern so that's the plan for the fabric. I don't usually follow patterns but with my lack of skills lately with making things turn out as planned I decided to try a simple pattern and some pretty fabric's. I can never have to many baby quilts around, someone is always having another baby! I also picked up a book, can't remember the name but it is 9 patch's with big prints, kind of blending the patches into the fabric for a fractured look. I am gonna try it with the wild life prints I have. I did sew yesterday, got a set of pillow cases done for Kristin, the pillows made for Jana, table runner quilted, and Sara finished her quilt top. She wants to give it away now............

No comments: