Monday, January 21, 2008

Charity work


One of my favorite things to do is make quilts for charity. Last year a new yahoo group formed with one goal. To make charity quilts with string blocks and donate to local and national charities. http://heartstringsquiltproject.com/ is a fantastic group with wonderful people coming together to sew and quilt for those lest fortunate. I took on the October special project last fall, it was called Project Pink. The group members sent me pink and white quilt blocks or blocks with the center string being pink. They also sent tops, backing and labels. I have been slowly putting tops together this last month and I will start quilting them in the next month. (I have not been out to my quilting studio to work in 6 weeks due to surgery in December) My husband did bring in my machine and I work on things a little at a time. I estimate 16 to 20 quilts for Heartstrings when I am done. The next special project is children's quilts for Project Linus or other children's charities.


The picture is of the blocks donated and sent to me from all over the U.S. I have them in piles of 35 or with border fabric. Not sure if they will all end up as planned but it's a start!

No comments: