Thursday, January 24, 2008

Snow Day

Yesterday was a snow day at our house. That means nobody does anything or goes anywhere. Kevin stayed home and played World of Warcraft with the boys so that meant I couldn't get anywhere near the computer. The girls held down the couch most of the day with the T.V. on. I thought it was really stupid that the kids got to school and by 8:15 a.m. they were sending them back home! UGHHHHH! So I spent the day in my studio working on UFOs. I put together Happy Blocks for Kristin from Mom's stash, bordered Sara's purple string quilt, made pillowcases, and a valance for her window.(used every bit of the purple star fabric I bought special for the quilt) added a border to the black and bright string quilt and made backs for all 3 of the quilts. I also whipped up a small baby quilt that I've had kitted up for a year. I didn't get the quilting room warm enough to quilt yesterday so I will probably wait till the weekend to get the machine going. I also cut squares and sashing for the animal baby quilt I'm working on for Grandma Allen. Woke up this morning thinking about sewing the corner squares on the blocks and how lazy I was in not wanting to draw a sewing line diagonal across the back of them. I will probably see if I can eyeball it and sew straight and forget the line. Hehehehe I am a lazy sewer! I also decided yesterday I have to get over my thing of finishing something before I take pictures, maybe if I posted unfinished pic's on here I would be more motivated to finish the project. Yesterday was a pretty good day in the scheme of things sewing wise I guess. I don't feel like I'm getting very far when I look around the studio though, I have alot of UFOs and alot of junk to sort and store. I guess I will just have to buckle down and clean one of these days...........

No comments: