Tuesday, May 6, 2008

busy time of the year

Kev is in the field, if the thunder storm holds off he will finish today....my cabinet doors are on the deck and all that is left is a coat of poly...........the sun keeps peaking out of the clouds but the way it feels outside I know the storm is gonna roll Thu this afternoon. I have learned that poly does not like to be applied with a roller.....hahaha good thing it's the inside of the doors I did first! I did a little quilting Sunday night, a rather large scrap quilt for a dear lady from Neigh, she is working on graduation quilts for great grand kids! (lucky kids) and I also quilted one from a gal in Orchard, she is legally blind. She will be donating it to the Legion Axillary for a raffle. It's a cute quilt, done with Husker Hankies from 1987. Mom finished the binding and made a label for it today. I will deliver this week yet so she can have pic's and tickets made. ok I better get back to my doors, I think the thunder is getting closer........

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I learned about polyurethane not liking rollers when I redid bedroom floors two summers ago. Actually had to sand some of it, restain it & re-apply with a BRUSH. Live & learn.

Linda