Friday, May 30, 2008

end of May

Wow! Where did the month go? I quit my job a few weeks ago so I could stay home and get life back in order around here, it's not happening! The grass is a foot high due to the storms and the garden is not planted. The weeds in the flower beds are getting big and I don't feel like crawling in the mud to pull them. The rabbits are settling in nicely but I have to many and Kevin is tired of building hutches. I do have a new litter of Checkered Giants, 8 or 9 I think.(never count till day 3 or 4 because mama gets upset if you mess with them) I enjoy setting outside in the evening with the rabbits, kids think I'm nuts but they know where to find me for 'mom time'. Went to Columbus with Kevin overnight Wednesday and spent the day shopping on Thursday. The Goodwill is great there and Sara has a new wardrobe for summer, I picked up a few things for me and Kevin also. I have a table full of apples to can tonight, I'm thinking applesauce and maybe apple butter. I spent the last three hours sewing, I am working on Luanne's quilt in the frame, I have a table runner top ready to quilt for a wedding present tomorrow night, I made the samples for a hot pad storyboard for Quilt Guild in June(now to write up the instructions) and I made Kristin a recycled grocery bag out of an old sheet. She loves bright colors so I found a retro sheet in my stash, cut 16"x27 rectangle and sewed up the sides, boxed the corners and added handles. It's nothing fancy but it will haul grocery's. I like it because it's lightweight, and will fold up flat. Easy to store and what's a college student gonna do with plastic bags from shopping? I'm hoping to get a few more done before she goes off to college. I also have Chinese coin blocks going for Heartstrings Yahoo Group, a gal is collecting them until the 4th of July so when I get bored quilting I set down and whip a few of these up. (ok my foot starts hurting and I can't stand anymore behind the frame) Wow, when I get pictures taken I will have alot to show!

No comments: