Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day

It's May day, my dad's b-day, my Brother in law's b-day and two days ago we celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary with a trip to Menard's and lunch at Whiskey Creek. (with a parts stop at Dinkel's for the planter.) I think spring is in full swing here, I planned my wedding the end of April because Kev assured me no one planted corn before the 10th of May...........hahahaha!!!! A lot has changed in 19 years and Kev has been planting for two days now. I spent today helping move equipment in the field, hauling corn, loading truck and riding my new 4wheeler thru the fields. Sara and I had a surprise with our bunnies tonight, we went to check them and the two sisters were fighting, drawing blood! So we moved them to separate cages. Gave them both more hay and one was moving hers around the cage so I gave her more and thought nothing of it. Went back to check on the bunnies about two hours later and she was pulling hair!! (that means babies!) So I moved the three boy rabbits out of the hutch and put her in, then I had to separate the boys cause they didn't like the smaller cage. So I'm out of cages and my new sister/momma has the hutch to herself, I checked her at dusk and she was pulling hair and piling it on the outside of the building so I blocked her in the building for the night, I will check her first thing in the morning to see if the babies have arrived and so she can get to food and water. I'm excited to think that might be my second batch this spring, Uno pulled hair two days ago but I can't see into her box so it will be a few days before I can check her box without upsetting her.

No comments: