Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday

This is my first Matchless Star quilt fresh off the quilting frame. I love it!!! When I first put the batik background on I wasn't sure but now I love it! I am going to teach a class at Quilter's Candy Shoppe on this one! I will take this back to work with me on Friday to do the binding and to display with the other one for the class.
I was using up batting scraps today and this is another little quilt fresh off the frame. Mom sent me this awhile back, it was for a gift but she changed her mind. I like it with the bright pink thread in the white border, striped binding will just set it off. Next baby girl to show up is getting a sweet pink girly quilt. I put soft pink and white gingham flannel on the back.

Oh where oh where is the binding fairy when I need her? I'm 7 small quilts behind on binding....wow! I spent the day doing UFO's, started with the top shelf and I'm working my way down........my hoarding tendencies are getting the best of me and as Kristin put it "inflow is more than output". I looked at my quilting calendar and realized I am 50 quilts behind my goal for the year so far. ( I try to do 10 a month) Soooooooooo I'm going to take my Mom's advice and" do something, anything, even if it's wrong."


Kristin joined me in the studio this afternoon, we weathered the thunderstorm together. I quilted, she labeled her England photo's and filed them in the album. I got a kick out of seeing her working at her Grandma's sewing desk. I really enjoyed having a Sunday off of work, might make a habit out of it.



No comments: