Friday, July 4, 2008

Quilts for Grandma Wilson

Grandma Wilson has been bugging my mom for baby quilts for the last 6 months, she found out her brother's -daughter's-son-is having twins. Ok does that mean they are really still related to mom and me? We don't think so but we made quilts anyway, when she first asked she wanted some that were for boy or girl because they didn't know what they were having, since then they found out it was a boy and girl. I think the quilts turned out adorable! We made an extra because the stuff was out and we had extra blocks. (the blocks were happy blocks from Stashbuilder's Yahoo Group block exchange) we will keep it around awhile in case we need a baby gift, if nothing comes up it goes to charity. I like to have a few quilts around just in case, babies are always happening.
I think these turned out so cute, I'm pretty sure my grandma will hate them but whats new...they aren't pink and blue....hehehehe!

Mom is finishing the binding this morning and they go in the mail tomorrow, I hope this distant cousin likes them. Oh well as long as they keep some baby warm I'm happy and it was fun to sew with my Mom!


No comments: