Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Recycled Tote Bags

I've had this fabric a long time.....seem to remember a pair of maternity pants ......I think I made them for my second pregnancy, he's now 15. His friend came for the weekend and he brought his clothes in a plastic grocery sack, it was shredded by the end of the first night so I made him this bag to carry his clothes. It's a little bigger than normal, kind of like a laundry bag with handles. I thought handles would be easier for him to carry than a drawstring due to his physical limitations. I hope the faded acid wash fake denim was a little more masculine than the next bag I made.
I know this picture sucks but it was full of books and magazines waiting for my friend. I always give my old mag's away and we trade books back and forth so I needed something to put them in and I thought a tote would be good. I found this fabric in my stash....someone must of gave it to me because I would never buy it.....not even when I first started sewing clothes. It reminds me of the blouses I wore in Jr. high!

No comments: