Monday, January 26, 2009

My Quilt Shoppe

I love my shopping bag from My Quilt Shoppe in West Palm Beach! Not only did it carry my new fabric it serves as a great beach bag and I packed my swim shoes and suit in it to bring home in my suitcase. I love to reuse things and this bag was great for sitting on the beach, I think I even saw a few people checking out the logo on the side as they walked the beach.
The shop was great, large, well lit and friendly staff. I really liked the batik wall and the corner with Florida theme fabric. I bought some turtle fabric and batik to match, I have a shaded 9patch in mind. I also bought a Christmas kitty print on sale. Ok I know I have a weakness for kitty fabric....sure wish they'd quit making it, NOT!!! I wish there was a quilt shop in Pompano Beach, the 40 mile drive took an hour and a half, we did take the scenic route home along the coast. We are both amazed how easy it is to tell when you go from one town to another along the coast. West Palm Beach is all private mansions with private beach, Boca is condos and Pompano is resorts with beach access. Then down the way is Ft. Lauderdale with pubic beaches. I enjoyed the drive with Kevin and his new GPS, made it easy to find quilt shops!

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Hey, my Dad's retired cousin lives in West Palm Beach, on the intracoastal waterway side. He has a condo.

Those beach pictures just make me shiver.