Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring Crops

Anyone want to make a little Rhubarb/strawberry sauce? This is my brother's favorite!
  • 5 cups rhubarb
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 small package of wild strawberry jello
  • cook rhubarb over medium heat with half inch of water in pan until tender and slightly mushy, add sugar and jello, cook another 5 minutes . Ladle hot sauce into half pint or pint jars and seal. Hot water bath for 20 minutes to ensure good seal.

I like to do a double batch while I'm messing around, yesterday I did two double batches at a time. This can also be freezer jam or just pop into the fridge after it's cooled. I like mine on toast, everyone here eats it on waffles and it would be fantastic on ice cream!

I have 3 trays of chives in the dehydrator, and a tray of sage. I like having my own herbs to use, an herb garden is being planned for the farm this year. (these are from my mom's)

I whipped up a little baby quilt during shop hop last week, I had no ambition to do anything that took any thought. I went downstairs and found these strips cut and bundled. I'm sure they were for some promotion or long ago show as I remember a few of the prints from the sale room. I demonstrated how to do a Streak of Lightning setting to anyone who came into the shop that day.
Not sure what I'm going to do today, not moving to fast due to late night at the bar and then I could not sleep.....oh well, drink another pop and get moving!


No comments: