Friday, June 19, 2015

Sewing afternoons

 I have been enjoying my time off by sewing in the afternoons with my Mom. I took a few UFO's, some scraps, and some batting along for some marathon sewing time. Stupid me whips out a project and stuffs it in a baggie all ready to take home and quilt so there really is not a lot of pic's to show off all my work from the week. I did manage to snap this pic of my new set of kitchen hanging towels. Don't look to close at my sewing, it's been awhile since I made these and I was out of practice! I need new towels in my kitchen, I have been using the ones left from my Aunt and Great grandma, they are in sad, sad, shape I must admit. ( I have to tie some of them to the handle because the buttons are missing.......or it's a mystery design on the front from so much use making it unrecognizable.)
 I have been sewing and sorting scraps the last two days. It started with a few pieces of leftover baby quilt and my how it's grown! If it was red, blue, white or yellow I threw it in. Mom suggested a large star so that's what I went with. It's 70x70 with borders. I made a blue back and it will get red binding of some kind, maybe scrappy, not sure yet.
I have blocks started for a second quilt with the same scraps. It will be a child size quilt I'm sure because I'm getting tired of these scraps and it's time to move on.
 

No comments: