Thursday, August 14, 2008

end of summer?

I'm starting to feel like summer is over, the garden is doing well, the ducks are setting on more eggs and I took the kids school shopping yesterday. They start school next monday and I am so ready for them to go but in a way it's sad, I know they need to go but I will miss them and miss being able to have days where we just hang out together. I am tired of them hanging out with electronics's though, they don't seem to want to do things with me so off to school they go!!! Kristin leaves next week for college so this week she will be cleaning and doing laundry and packing. I'm not looking forward to the first bill and the phone calls asking for money, it's going to be a long school year!

Went to my favorite quilt shop today, Quilter's Candy Shoppe in O'Neill. I love that place! I needed backing for my easy baby quilts, I also bought fire truck fabric to make another one. I really am trying to use what I have in the studio but I never have anything to match or enough of anything to make a quilt work so I have to go find something to match. I am on a boy baby quilt kick at the moment so I hope the next gifts I need are for baby boys! (ok I have a hard time working with boy prints so this is really a stretch for me) I have the pattern written up for the quilt now all I have to do is type it............ughhhhhhh!

No comments: