Sunday, August 17, 2008

Watermelon Tablerunner

I made 3 of these with the watermelon print, this is the only one I have quilted so far. I gave the rest of the panel back to my mom and told her it was up to her to use the rest up. It is a Debby Mum print from 1995. When we did the watermelon swap on Sewgoodfriends I sent some of it with my swap, I did keep some of the little squares to make coasters to match. I'm not happy with my coasters so I'm not showing them. (ok I feel like throwing them away but I have one more edge treatment I am going to try to save them) The black border is something I found in a stray box and it was the worst fabric ever, I think it was so old I should of thrown it away! I put it in the quilt frame and it tore itself out where I pinned it in, so I re pinned and then trimmed the torn part off when I was finished quilting. I'm sure the binding fairy will hate it too.

No comments: