Monday, August 17, 2009

It's gonna be a long week...

School started today for Josh, Brad and Sara. I love the first day of school because I USUALLY have the house to myself.....not this year.........Kristin is still hanging around, she don't go back until thursday. I have a load of corn to deliver to town, quilt frames to pick up an hour away and I want to make it to the Quilt Guild meeting in Norfolk tonight. Not sure if that will all happen today but it's my plan. I also need new tires on my Durango so I can travel safely to Omaha tomorrow to pick up my mom. Hopefully my tires are at the shop in town and he can change them today sometime. I am also taking my SIL Anita to Omaha with me so she can pick up some of her stuff and her car, it looks like she will be staying and living with my in-laws for awhile.
I made pickles and salsa Saturday with Sara, sent all the pickles home with Mike and Lisa, they were Bread and Butter pickles and nobody at my house will eat them. I have sauerkraut to can up this week also, it's finally ready. Brian ate some on his braut last night and said it was good! I also grilled my first time ever sweetcorn, it was good, I think I will do that again when Kevin fires up the grill. I also made squash,onion, carrot, pepper, and celery medley and put it on the grill. We ate well last night and it was mostly free from friends and family taking pity on me and giving me stuff since all my garden grew this year was pork!

I have a heartstring quilt in the frame our Orchard group made a few months ago, Maxine got it put together, I just have to finish quilting it. I have 3 quilts that need binding but no one applied for the binding fairy job so I guess I'm gonna have to just do it. Ok off to start my busy week......

No comments: