Monday, November 9, 2009

Dog quilts











I decided to make my cousin Mike and his kids a couple of quilts. These will be the first quilts I've ever sent to him. (if you didn't get married or have babies you have been out of luck on the quilt receiving end) I wanted something fun and useful for the kids but not to fancy that he wouldn't let them use them so this is what I came up with. The first 3 pic's are my process, the last two are what the finished quilts look like. I hope the kids like them and they don't clash with Mike's house to much. Someday I hope to get a quilt for Mike done but until then the kids come first!




Not sure why Mondays are so ughhhh around here, I think I try to cram to much into the weekend so by Monday I'm beat. I am in the process of making Christmas presents and a little quilting on the side. My crochet has been keeping me company a lot lately too. I have made a hat/scarf for charity, 3 scrubby/dishcloth combo's and a bunch of granny square centers in blue, with a few white added yesterday. I also have a scarf started for ME with a hat or two planned. (that depends on how much yarn is left) Kev took me to Lincoln on Friday, I hit 4 quilt shops and a yarn shop in 4 hours! Ok I spent a little money too, oh it was fun!!! I think I will get moving and go play with my new fabric..................





I should be doing housework today and quilting but there is no motivation in me........

No comments: