Sunday, November 7, 2010

sneak peak at Christmas

Here's my sneak peak at Christmas presents! I'm doing a kitchen theme this year. I know I never buy myself new towels and hot pads when I wear mine out, so I'm thinking these will make useful presents. I like to make things people can use or need, nobody needs more knickknacks.... so towels, scrubbies, hot pads, dishcloths, and food mixes in jars is my main plan.
I picked up this fabric at the Log Cabin in Omaha last time I was there, just love the quilty Santa's. I think I did pretty good making two FQ's stretch this far.

Oh and I did these with one FQ. I know I'm a bit late jumping on the cupcake bandwagon, everyone else has 'been there-done that' but my gift receivers will love them anyway.


This little wall hang was a quilt group project, well it's finally finished! It's been laying on top of a pile for quite awhile now, and started a few years ago......all I had to do was machine quilt it. I probably will give it away for Christmas too. I seem to have gift giving on the mind since Halloween is over. I know there is another holiday between the two but I really don't care much for it so this year I'm ignoring it. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm excited that Kristin will be home for it, but that's about it.........Kev told me he's roasting a hog this year, I told him to have fun planning and cooking the rest of it too. Ha Ha Ha! So if I get a bit grumpy between now and then ya all know why.



No comments: