Tuesday, April 5, 2011

geography bee

Sara did well at the State Geography bee on Friday, she answered 4 out of 8 questions right. To get in the running for the top 10 7 out of 8 was needed. I'm really proud of her and next on her list is Quiz Bowl tomorrow.(hope they do as well as Josh and his high school team, they took 1st) We had a great day in Omaha together, picked up booze for the bar, stopped at the Log Cabin Quilt shop for work, got stuck in rush hour traffic.........bought her a new outfit at Bass and Pro where we picked up Kev new boots. Hit two fabric stores looking at beads and fabric. Oh and we hit the 'bins' on 72nd. It's the Goodwill store where they sell things by the pound. Everything is thrown into big rolling bins and you dig thru it looking for treasures. Sara found some Anime books, I got another dehydrator. It was a fun day with my daughter.
I made the quilt on the left, Roseanne did the quilt on the right.
Here's my spring table topper, love the springy colors and the bunny just makes it cute. I was at the shop today and there is one kit left!
I also did the goose chase table runner, I will have two out of this one also, it's made, just not quilted yet. The kit has enough fabric except for binding to make two. (why throw the extra in the scrap bin?)
I am starting a quilt in these colors tomorrow so when I cut kits I also did a few table topper kits with the leftovers. Well this topper got vetoed so I bought what I cut up and will turn it into a throw size quilt. I'm going to make 3 more of these sections and add a border.

Tonight I got two baby quilts ready for binding tomorrow and I think I will cut another quilt top up to take to work. I am on the down hill stretch on the quilts I had planned for samples....whew! Two quilts and a table topper to go, Shop Hop had been fun and lots of neat people have come in to see us. Just a few more days to 'get your hop on'.

1 comment:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Sounds like you and Sara had a great mother/daughter day. AND you've been doing lots of sewing. I stopped at the shop last Friday and once again nothing inspired me. What's wrong with me?? So I bought a bunch of pieces of lights for scrap quilt backgrounds and chatted with Roseanne & Julie for a bit.