Monday, September 22, 2008

Long days

This time of the year I spend long days in the kitchen. Tomato's have kept me busy and now I'm moving on to apples and pears. Tonight I got 3 quart and 1 pint of spaghetti sauce canned and 3 batches of jelly. Wild plum and mixed (apple, pear and plum). Last night my sister-in-law came down and we did 9 pint and 5 quart of pears so I had pear and apple juice from that. We got 6 pints of applesauce done too. Yesterday the guys finished the hog they butchered on Saturday. I am the official wrapper. There was over 50 pounds of sausage made. I have apple pear butter to make yet, hot peppers to can and a bushel of apples on my kitchen floor. I also got over a 5 gallon bucket of pears to do but they will wait a couple of days, not truly ripe yet. My friend Linda gave me the apples and pears, they are beautiful! She has 6 or 8 trees and they all did fantastic this year, her garage floor is covered in pears! I will be picking the last of the tomato's tomorrow or the next day, I think I'm the only one left in the country with tomato's, I got mine in so late that they are coming on late now.

No comments: