Wednesday, February 20, 2008

winter blah's

Ok I know it's not just me feeling the winter blah's.....everyone is feeling them from what I gather talking to different people. The cold weather is really taking a toll on attitudes. It's 8 degree's outside today, I didn't even want to leave the house to get a pop! (ok we went to town for lunch and the bar was closed, that left pizza from the gas station or the local grease pit, we went to the store and came home for leftovers!) I know I have a problem with this time of the year and I know I have to really keep myself motivatied to do anything but I think the weather is affecting everyone. I don't have any wood cut for my stove in the studio so I don't go out and quilt or sew, my sewing table in the living room is a piled mess so I don't sew there, I look at magazine's in bed but that seems to be about it lately. I do add a few rows on one of my afgan's I have started but two of them are big enough they are hard to haul around so I have to work on them in the living room chair, I never watch tv in the living room so I don't get much done on the them either. Mom, Luanne and I went to Quilt guild in Norfolk monday night, we all needed a night out so we went early enough to have dinner and go to Hobby Lobby. I bought black fabric,(I am so sad about their fabric department being downsized) and yarn. I also bought greenery to put up on my new cabniets in the kitchen. I am in the process of painting them dark blue and I thought they would need something to brighten them up so I bought greenery with dark burgundy berry thingy's. I would of bought more fabric but they just don't carry much anymore and with Quilters Candy Shoppe and their sale room there just don't seem to be a reason to shop Hobby Lobby fabric anymore. I thought with the weather being so cold I would get alot done in the house, it has a way of making me more lazy. I guess I will go clean off my sewing table now, maybe that will motivate me.

No comments: