Monday, November 24, 2008

busy-busy-busy

Today has been a busy day! I spent most of it in the studio quilting and sewing. I got 6 quilts quilted (ok most were baby or throw size) and a top pieced. All of them were quilted rather simply as the ones with puffy batting look better with larger quilting. I always say why put puffy in if your gonna quilt it flat? Well anyway I don't have a darn thing to show off in this blog, I didn't take any pic's of the quilts I worked on and the top is not ready for pic's so this entry will be on the boring side. I did cut a few pillowcases for QOV and the pillowcase party on Heartstrings this weekend. Mom gave me some RWB fabric and it's ready to sew up now.
I am toasting bread for stuffing right now, Sara got bored with it so I'm finishing it, burnt half of it already! Oh well I'm sure there will be plenty....Brad thought I was burning up the house so he came out to check on me, I think he just didn't want to go to sleep yet. Sara and I watched a Turkey day special on Food Network, not sure we learned anything but it was fun to watch. I'm sure we will have our own TV worthy moments between now and Thursday!

Oh I do remember vaguely a lesson on crochet when I was 9 or so........I think the memory of my little brother and his buddy using my project for a Spiderman web kind of warped me, I do remember chasing them down with my found project(in the neighbors back yard with the dogs) and beating the tar out of them! Hehehehe maybe that's why I really suck at crochet!

No comments: